We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our production team for our spring season. This fast-paced position can offer varying tasks throughout each season and promises to give dynamic and rewarding work!
At Heeman’s, we are obsessed with offering the best possible customer service in all aspects of our business: from helping select the perfect plants to unite customers with our delicious berries and sundaes and every detail in between. Our mission is to be your local connection to flowers, flavour and fun, and regardless of the role at Heeman’s, each staff member is titled a “Daymaker” first and foremost. We believe our fantastic staff is the key to continuing to fulfill our vision of making our space a “Happy Place” for everyone that enters! As a family business, the quality and care put into everything we do are at our company’s heart. We seek to work with like-minded individuals that represent everything it means to be a Daymaker.
About the Role:
The Greenhouse Production Associate is an integral part of the growing and greenhouse team, and you would be part of the container planting team. This team is responsible for planting the beautiful hanging baskets and containers we grow. It is a physically demanding job, and the individual must be hardworking and be able to be on your feet all day. The ideal applicant must be comfortable with high amounts of physical activity and working with soil, so can not be afraid to get a little dirt under their nails.
• Plantings of various styles and sizes of patio pots and hanging baskets, commencing early spring season and continuing throughout the spring, summer and fall season
• The hanging basket team will follow potting design plans to create a high-volume of each design style
• Maintain high-quality results while working in a fast-paced production environment
• Work with various styles and forms of plants: cuttings, seedlings, plugs, etc
• Follow instruction from supervisor and ensure accuracy and speed in given tasks
• Assist in seasonal tasks of creating Holiday/Winter arrangements by being part of the greens cutting team or following our design for our necessary greenery arrangement
• Uphold excellent customer service when interacting with our valued guests
• Help in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
• Perform other related duties as required
• High school education or equivalent
• Proficient in written English for reading elaborate potting design plans
• A hardworking and positive attitude
• Personal knowledge and experience with plants and gardening
• Reliable form of personal transportation (no public transit to this location)
• Positive attitude
• Able to maintain a fast pace; strong hand-eye coordination
• Ability to take instruction and prioritize tasks
• Work well individually and as part of a team
• Fast-paced, physically demanding job; able to stand and move for 8 hours straight
• Repetitive motions and heavy lifting (up to 50lbs)
• Comfortable working with hands in soil
• Greenhouse conditions (hot/cold environments depending on the season)
• During peak season (May-June), Daymakers are expected to work six days a week
• Retail business: weekend work and possible evenings required
Perks to Working with Us:
• Benefits package available after 1 (one) year full-time
• Staff discount (to fuel that plant and berry love)
• Working with remarkable people: staff and customers alike!
• Note: Heeman’s is an agriculture/farming business, and employees are classified as an agricultural employee under the ESA: https://www.ontario.ca/document/your-guide-employment-standards-act-0/agricultural-employees
How to Apply:
In light of the current lockdown in Ontario we kindly ask that interested applicants send their resume package with cover letter and resume to h r @ h e e m a n . c a. We will review applications and be in touch with candidates with any follow-up questions or to schedule a preliminary Zoom interview.
Successful candidates would be expected to work in-person at Heeman’s, located at,
20422 Nissouri Road, Thorndale ON
Heeman’s provides accommodations for persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Any inquiries can be sent to h r @ h e e m a n . c a or via the phone number provided above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements of each position will be considered.
|Sunday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Monday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am – 5:00pm|